Whether you are a man or a woman, the one thing that unarguably impacts the quality of your hike is your footwear. Hiking boots are not your average running shoes. They are designed to stand up to abuse, and offer greater support at the base of your feet. Plus, they are more flexible and allow your feet to bend and grip as per the demands of the terrain. They also lend sufficient ankle support and greater freedom of movement, in order to help you conquer your day hikes with ease.
Tough and Durable Hiking Boots
backpacking boots are different from hiking boots. They are designed to carry more weight and have stiffer midsoles that are suitable for walking long distances at a stretch. Moreover, they come with reinforced ankle support to help you carry heavy backpacks without putting too much pressure on your ankles.
With hiking boots, you get the confidence to travel through inches deep slush and slippery or rocky trails without getting a painful ache or a sore blister. In addition to a sturdy exterior hardened for abuse, they come with a coarse structured sole that prevents you from skidding. If you are trudging with a heavy backpack, you should certainly consider these boots as they provide more ankle coverage and help you maintain an upright posture, thereby offsetting the pressure in your neck and shoulders.
Long story short, any sort of hiking becomes invariably easier with hiking boots, but they are an absolute necessity if your trail is particularly rocky, uneven, covered in roots and remarkably steep.
Do you often dream of disconnecting from work and submerging yourself in a verdant expanse of towering trees, undulating blankets of wildflowers and never-ending blue skies? Do you love to hike tirelessly without caring about the hurdles of engaging in a rigorous outdoor venture? Then what you need is a reliable pair of boots that keep your feet protected on a lengthy day on the trail. Believe it or not, there are specific types of hiking boots designed for men. They are significantly heavier than the ones designed for women. Plus they are low-cut and wider around the midsole area, in order to provide a concise fit. However, just like their female counterparts, they lend an equal amount of ankle support and toe protection. In short, they are hardened to combat jagged slopes, slippery rocks and loose gravel. Here, we have rounded up the top hiking boots for men, so you don’t get riddled with aching foot and get your day hike ruined in the process.
1. Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
A high-quality, mid-height hiking boot for all types of environment, the Merrell Moab Mid Ventilator is designed for anyone who is looking for a lightweight and supportive option. It is equipped with a sturdy leather and mesh upper, in order to ensure optimal comfort on long day hikes. And it’s versatile styling makes it a nice choice for outdoor adventures. Plus there is additional support around the ankle to lodge your feet in place and help you step out in confidence. And for those who are prone to accidental falls and injuries, there is also a stable Vibram sole that provides sufficient grip for traversing jagged slopes and bumpy trails.
- These boots have a wide forefoot that serves as a sturdy and stable platform for walking on smooth terrain where you won’t encounter too much of rocks and pebbles.
- Hikers with trail hardened feet are sure to love this boot, as it’s extremely lightweight and offers a cozy fit.
- The upper is covered with a waterproof membrane on the inside, so you can walk on ice on trek in the rain and still not get your feet wet and soggy.
- The Vibram sole helps you gain a steady grip of the trail. You can jump across obstacles and step on pebbles without twisting your ankle or developing sore feet at the end of the day.
- There are rubber caps to protect your toes and heel from getting stubbed or bruised every time you accidentally hit a rock.
- The arch support of the stock insoles might come across as insufficient for flat-footed individuals. As such, they will have to replace these to get the comfort and fit they desire.
- Mud tends to accumulate in the mesh easily, and it can be removed only by soaking the boots in warm water.
- These boots are not very suitable for freezing cold weather.
If you’re planning on using your hiking shoes in dry weather and mostly on the trails, you are sure to be satisfied with these Merell boots. They are lightweight, well-ventilated and give you maximum ankle support provided you aren’t packing a very heavy weight. They do have a few letdowns, and are not as waterproof as their counterparts, but otherwise, they are flawless and reward you with years of dependable use before you even begin to think of buying new ones.
2. KEEN Men’s Targhee II Mid WP Hiking Boot
This modish-styled boot from the house of KEEN has all the virtues to become your lone friend when covering hundreds of miles over a span of few days. It comes replete with an exemplary set of features, including a leather framework, durable construction, right arch support, and water-repellent properties, to name a few. A closer look at this boot will tell you that it has all the features to help minimize the rigors of your outdoor adventures.
- The midsole of the boot is made of high-quality EVA foam that is contoured and detachable. It provides the right torsional stability to cover long hikes in areas where conditions are hostile.
- The waterproof leather upper is constructed in a way to prevent permeation of rainwater into the boot’s surfaces. This makes them very useful for long treks.
- The boot is engineered with the advanced S3 support system. This distributes pressure evenly on your feet and does a good job of absorbing shocks. Consequently, the chances of having a twisted ankle reduces significantly.
- It weighs less than 3 pounds and provides the same level of functioning as other mid-range boots with a higher weight.
- The heels are extremely comfortable and feel snug and secure while trekking across steep planes and mountaintops. The fact that they are easy to lace up makes them convenient for hectic hikes.
- Some users complain that the boot’s threading is a bit loose as it starts coming out within a year of usage.
Overall, this boot an impressive example of a mid-range hiking footwear. It strikes the right balance between comfort and fashion and keeps your feet feeling cozy, secure and safe even during multiple treks. Crisscrossing canyons and paths is a breeze with these on, as they make you feel light and free.
3. Salomon Men’s X Ultra Mid 2 GTX Multifunctional Hiking Boot
You don’t have to be an expert hiker to appreciate the premium comfort and support offered by Salomon X Ultra Mid2 FTX boots. Deemed as a nice choice for backpackers who prefer lightweight gear, this versatile boot is equipped with a breathable and waterproof rubber with rubber enhancements for increased flexibility during bumpy hikes. There is a gusseted tongue that minimizes the excess pressured caused by laces, as well as a unique, anatomically shaped footbed to help your feet bend naturally to accommodate the twists and turns of hiking trails.
- These hiking boots come with thermoplastic urethane inserts, which offer optimal support and stability for walking over rocks and slick surfaces.
- They have padded EVA midsoles that literally massage your feet and give you the comfort you need to cover multiple miles at a stretch.
- Thanks to the sturdy rubber outsoles, nothing can change the comfort offered by the boots. They are suitable for extreme hiking too, and prevent your feet from blisters and sprains.
- These Salomon’s boots have waterpoof lining that allows your feet to breathe and protect them from the elements. You can easily go hiking in the forests after a rain without slipping or getting your feet all soggy and muddy.
- Another desirable aspect of this boot is that it features a gusseted tongue that flicks out the debris continuously and keeps your feet safe.
- The boots are rather stiff initially and require you to spend sufficient time breaking-in them for future comfort.
- The laces tend to get undone easily and need to be fixed up every now and then, especially during wild adventures.
All in all, this boot is recommended for lightweight hiking to backpacking and practically any outdoor adventure you have in mind. It ticks all the boxes of a durable and contoured footwear that minimizes the chance of leg injuries and enhances your postural stability for traversing trails that are strewn with obstacles. To top it all, it has been constructed cleverly to stay durable in the face of abrasion, as well as provide a precise fit that keeps your feet safe and steady.
4. Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Shoe
Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge hiking boots are built to deliver the best in terms of style, performance, versatility and price value. They feature the Omni-tech waterproof technology that allows them to stave off the effects of unfavorable weather and prevent it from affecting your feet. They also have a stain-resistant cover that enables them to last a year or two without showing wear and tear. The prominent design is alluring too, as it gives the boot a distinguished look.
- The rubber outsole is designed with the Omnishield technology that is meant to provide protection from harsh conditions. This makes your walk comfortable and gives you the stability to step on rocky ground.
- The shaft size and arch support both make these boots ultra cozy to walk in. They gives you the confidence to tackle uneven trails without facing any untoward events.
- The last thing you want while hiking is to get weighed down by your footwear. Well, the Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge weighs a little less than 3 pounds, so they’re just like wearing ordinary sneakers.
- Columbia’s waterproof technology ensures the boots retain their brand new appeal for over a year even with rough use.
- The boot is slightly narrow than conventional boots, so you may consider selecting a size larger than you usually wear.
- The boot has a minimalistic design. This might not be a downside if you appreciate simplicity and detest flashy boots.
Overall, this is a boot that delivers what it claims. Its pros outweigh its flaws by a long shot and it’s suitable for any outdoor enthusiast. Also, the price is reasonable and just what you would like to spend for footwear of this quality. Even if you tend to hike heavily round the year, you can still expect them to last over year or so. They are lightweight, repel mud and water, and allow you to walk long distances without feeling any discomfort.
5. Adidas Outdoor Men’s AX2 Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boot
There is a reason why Adidas is the favorite brand of fitness buffs and outdoor enthusiasts. The AX2 MID GTX hiking boot justifies their judgement. For starters, it is made from proprietary material that is super light, comfortable and strong enough to withstand unfavorable weather elements. Secondly, the boot is engineered with modern technology to stay waterproof and dry out quick, which makes them a good choice for trekking in humid weather. And the fact that they are designed to look stylish and chic is a big plus, because let’s face it: appearance does matter.
- The boots incorporate soft and firm soles that are capable of handling rough terrains with remarkable ease.
- The boot is lightweight, so it doesn’t feel as if you carrying extra luggage. Despite its weight, the boot is resilient to abrasion, so it doesn’t fall apart in response to sharp objects encountered on hiking trails.
- On the interior, the boots come with supreme cushioning and ADIPRENE stability. Plus, they include a collar molded foam insole that makes you feel like you are wearing a sponge!
- The boots reach all the way to the ankle. This provides wearers with ample ankle protection and enhances their performance on a hike.
- It is essential that you lace up the boots properly because if you don’t the water from the outside might permeate and wet your feet.
- Another minor flaw is that the material of this boot tends to shrink or expand depending on the temperature. So it’s probably more sensible to wear it in neutral weather.
It’s evident that these hiking boots are built for people who love hiking for hours in unfavorable terrain. Adidas has invested enough time and care to ensure that you not only get to walk in style, but also in comfort and safety. And despite some minor downsides, the Adidas AX2 MID GTX is one of the best hiking footwear for varying conditions.
Every woman desires to set herself free from the bounds of city life and hike through the haunts of Mother Nature in peace. And the only thing that can ever stop her from fulfilling her desire is the question of comfort, and whether her physique is conditioned enough to tackle the rigors of a hectic outdoor venture. Well, that is where hiking boots come to the picture. Designed specifically to fit the natural form of a woman’s feet, these boots combine comfort with style, without compromising on either. They are as light as your ordinary sneakers and dissipate the shocks resulting from stomping on roads dotted with sharp objects. Whether you wish to trek through the mountaintops, or make your way through the muddy paths leading into the woods, modern hiking boots have got you covered!
Here we have compiled a list of the best hiking boots for females so that no footwear can ever come between you and your adventure:
1. Merrell Women’s Moab Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Merell Women’s Moab Hiking boot has all the virtues of a great backpacking boot. It’s made of superior leather fabric, so that you can cope up with the varying weather conditions, and comes fitted with Vibram lugs to ensure your feet flexes easily on rugged terrains for top-notch comfort. Additionally, the boot features a waterproof-breathable membrane that lets moisture escape and keeps the weather out. This prevents water from entering your feet and moisture from accumulating within, thereby keeping your feet dry and free of odor. To top it all, this boot has been designed specifically to cater to the form and needs of women hikers.
- This boot features a leather upper and an exterior coating of waterproof polyurethane membrane that protects your feet irrespective of the weather.
- It is fitted with padded tongues that make it easier for you to fasten your laces when going on long distance hikes. Plus, there are bellows on the tongue to keep out the debris from entering the shoe.
- The midsoles are designed to help you get maximum freedom of movement without getting riddled with blisters or aching feet. Also, they come with air cushion heels that provide additional support and shock absorption while walking on bumpy trails strewn with obstacles.
- The shaft and the outsole are placed at a decent distance from the arch. Hence, it wraps around the entire foot comfortably.
- The shoes are neither too heavy and nor too light. As such, walking in them gives you balance and a good posture, while feeling comfortable in the process.
- These boots are not as physically attractive as other models of the same price range. However, the longevity and support offered by them are worth the investment.
- You need to spend some time breaking in the boots before you wear them on your hike.
When it comes to stable footwear for rough outdoor usage, you should always opt for quality over appearance. These trail boots are designed to get you through unpredictable weather and keep your feet feeling secure, comfort and strong.
2. KEEN Women’s Targhee II Mid WP Hiking Boot
If you thought lightweight, stylish boots came at the cost of functionality, you might be wrong because the Targhee II Mid WP Hiking Boot by KEEN is out to change that. Touted as one of most high-quality hiking boots for females, they provide suitable traction, comfort and support for extended backpacking. They are fitted with an aggressive sole, to help you maintain adequate posture and stay upright while hiking. And they are so comfortable that you can practically sleep on them at night!
- The boot has been designed with a rugged tread pattern to allow easy passage through steep slopes, granite and wet rock.
- The boot has stiff rubber soles that provide additional stability and support. It offers sufficient grip so you don’t have to experience any unforeseen accidents from slipping or sliding.
- The rubber soles include 4mm deep lugs for tackling tough and slippery terrain. They are water-repellent too, and dry out quickly, thereby preventing your feet from coming in contact with rainwater or creek water.
- The boot incorporates a novel dual density footbed that offers adequate cushioning and comfort while trudging with a heavy backpack on long hikes.
- Its dimensions and contours make it suitable for people with narrow feet only. This means that women who are better endowed should look for other options.
This boot from the house of KEEN is inexpensive yet superior in terms of performance and quality. It’s comfortable around the toes and it’s durability is practically unparalleled. If you are looking to buy a hiking boot that is designed to keep your feet secure and strong and get you through the toughest of terrains without any blisters or sprains, you should definitely consider this one!
3. Ariat Women’s Terrain H2O Hiking Boot
Designed with advanced footwear technology, Ariat Women’s Hiking boot features a cutting-edge construction designed to offer supreme feet protection and exceptional comfort in the face of abrasive conditions. Manufactured to incorporate a waterproof coating, as well as a full grain leather border, it helps make sure that your feet remains comfortable at all times. The uppers are made of Cordura material that is durable, lightweight and breathable. In other words, it helps to minimize the rigors of hiking. Plus the Duratread outsoles guarantee long-lasting traction, and make the boots suitable for all types of outdoor activities.
- The boots go the extra mile to give you adequate comfort. The rubber outsole, leather upper and the padded midsole are all designed to ensure a blister-free hike.
- The full grain leather exterior is designed to save your delicate feet from the ravages of rough terrain and unpredictable weather. These boots are breathable and dry out quickly, keeping your feet warm, dry and safe every time.
- The heel is built to be narrow enough, in order to ensure that the boots don’t feel loose and awkward when you are walking.
- The shaft is distanced around 4-inches from the arch, so basically, it feels like you’re getting a foot massage every time you strap on these boots.
- You can finally bid adieu to arch pain. These boots are raised properly from the ground. They are neither too high nor too low, so you won’t experience any winter cold or postural aches while wearing them.
- These boots are not suitable for women who are petite and have narrow feet.
- They are a bit on the costlier side, but that shouldn’t be a major deal-breaker as they come with pretty high-end features.
If you are looking for a suitable shoe to wear to any outdoor event, these boots by Ariat are for you. While designed to meet the rigorous demands of hiking, they are super stylish and comfortable, which makes them attractive for all sorts of endeavors.
4. Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Hiking Boot
Ahnu Women’s boot embodies the true feminine style with a tough exterior. It’s available in an attractive spectrum of colors and entails a casual chic design. Designed to suit the female physique, it is relatively lighter than other hiking boots, and includes a padded collar, breathable mesh structure, as well as a firm vamp to ensure adequate comfort during multi-treks. They are waterproof as well, and offer considerable protection for trudging on slick rocks and wetlands. The boot is designed with the Numentum technology, and hence maintains a steady ride on bumpy roads.
- The boot features a breathable liner to ensure efficient evaporation of sweat in hot weather.
- It”s rubber sole makes it lightweight, flexible and non-slippery. You can hike through unfavorable grounds as long as you want; the sole offers a decent bit of traction and minimizes fatigue.
- It has a sturdy framework that is built to resist harsh terrain and rough weather. In other words, it doesn’t fall apart from the first few brushes with hooks or nails.
- It has a waterproof exterior and is designed to ensure premium grip over slippery surfaces.
- There is a limited range of sizes available with this boot.
Women who prefer a feminine look on a heavy-duty, versatile shoe should consider Ahnu Sugarpine hiking boot. It’s highly versatile, and you can use it for backpacking, thru-hiking, walking downtown, as well as sweating it out in the gym.
5. Timberland Women’s Chocorua Trail Boot
Timberland Trail Boots are the perfect answer for any women looking to lay her hands on hiking footwear that is fashionable, multi-purpose, as well as robust. They are lightweight and water repellent boots that are strong enough to withstand rough weather and abrasions. Plus, they have all the right contours to make sure the heel stays attached to the boot and doesn’t feel awkward.
- The boots incorporate a high arch support, which enhances their comfort quotient.
- They are lightweight, yet solidly built so that you don’t experience wear and tear easily.
- They are resilient to water, so you can wear them through snow, mud and rain and still not get your feet wet or sweaty.
- They are extremely durable and tough enough to withstand sharp jabs by knives, rocks, hail or thorns.
- The insole is sturdy and gives excellent shock absorption while maintaining a firm foundation to allow traction on rugged terrain.
- The area around the ankle is a bit stiff and it takes longer to break in this pair of Timberland boots.
- The laces are long and there is always a chance of tripping on them.
You will love these boots for the superb grip they offer, as well as their sturdiness and rugged design. They are resilient to smears and stains and last long, giving you a great value for your precious pennies. To top it all, they keep away the mud, water and debris from permeating and spoiling your delicate feet. And the best part is that they are designed for the feminine feet. As a woman hiker, what more can you ask for!